... Halloween makeup look ...




Halloween is only around the corner and lots of you are looking for inspiration on their costumes. I am aware that not everyone likes to get dressed and go through all the effort but personally I think it is so much fun to be someone else for one night and just have fun with your friends. 
For this year’s Halloween, I decided to be a comics character. It is a very easy makeup look to make and all you need for your outfit is normal clothes with a bit of black paint for the details, as a comics would have.

I started the look by applying a 2 layer foundation and concealer on my face and set it with powder. I did that cause I wanted to have the illusion of a perfect complexion and a mat finish like on a piece of paper. I contoured my eyes and my cheeks ever so slightly and then proceeded to outline my face and contour with black eyeliner keeping things very neat and with as little smudging as possible. It is not hard. Honestly, all you have to do is look at your face, see the edges of it and imagine it on a piece of paper, then just go with your eyeliner and emphasise these areas.

I think the trickiest part are the eyes and I did find that a bit tricky at the beginning but I think is one of those things where you need to practice it once and then see what you did wrong and re-do it. Honestly I was very happy with the result on my second attempt. When it comes to the eyes all you have to do is expand your natural eye. You need to use a white pencil on your bottom lash line and then below that you need to create a new lash line like the ones we see on the comics characters. Sounds scary and difficult but it is not, trust me. All you need is a little practice.  For the final touches you need some red matt lacquer or lipstick for the dots. The dots are supposed to be the shade so think of where your shade would naturally be and keep it balanced on your face. Make some nice juicy red lips to give the look a bit more of a 60s vibe.  Add some emotions. You need to paint what your character is feeling because it is, after all, a piece of paper and all the info you get is from what you see.

And voila! Your character is now complete! Go out and have fun with your friends – I know I will – and if you decide to recreate this look please tag me on instagram or twitter so I can see your creations. 




Thanks for being here!
See you soon!

Where else you can find me


Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An

Comments

Popular Posts