... Sweater Weather ...



My current situation : covered under a pile of blankets, hot water bottles and sweaters. Yes, you guessed it right. I am sick. What better way to welcome winter, hey? Talking about winter, what is the piece of clothing you reach for the most during the cold period of the year? Let me know in the comments  bellow. For me the answer must be, sweaters. For various reasons really. They are very comfortable, easy to wear, you can dress them up or down and they fit as an acceptable dressing garment to most of my social obligations. Plus, they keep me warm which is always a win!
For today’s post, I thought it would be interesting to play with some different styles and how you can incorporated your favourite , slouchy sweater to a fancier outfit for a day at the office or a formal occasion as well as a stroll in the city or a shopping day with friends.
There are so many ways you can achieve a cute outfit with a sweater, but today I have three of my most go-to and easy ways. 

Dungarees are a great way to stay relaxed and comfortable whilst looking cute. For this outfit you really don’t need much except a good pair of skinny dungarees and an oversized sweater. Be careful with this outfit and remember that all our outfits need to be proportional. If you are wearing a very baggy top, aka sweater, you must wear something that will define and show your figure at the bottom. If not, you’re going to end up looking like a bag and that is not the style you are going for. Ok?



The second look is for the summer kids out there that are still holding on to the shorts or the tomboys like me that cannot sit properly wearing a skirt (fact). Yes, it’s a bit dressier but if you’re not into this kind of thing you can always go with flats or a nice pair of booties. This look is very elegant and the cashmere turtleneck tucked under the shorts makes the outfit so cute. Plus it keeps you extra warm during the cold months! This is an all-time favourite for me because it takes zero effort and looks so good.



Lastly I kept a more formal look, that some might choose to wear in an office, a presentation etc.  Seriously how good is this outfit? The suit pants give the look a formal vibe paired with the heels, but the formality of it breaks with this mustard pom-pom sweater and gives the outfit a boss lady vibe. No, I don’t believe that the outfit makes the person but Damn, this outfit made me feel fierce!



And there you go! These are my 3 ways on how to style a sweater. I love every single one of them and they are truly my go-to outfit choice when I still want to look cute but I am freezing. I hope that this post helped you, gave you inspiration and that you had fun reading it. I am going to let you enjoy the rest of your weekend while I go drink some hot tea and refill my hot water bottle.
Until next week, stay safe and try not to get sick - flu season is upon us!

 Thanks for being here!
See you soon!

Where else you can find me


Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An


Comments

Popular Posts