... Layering ...




When I think about fall I instantly think layers. Layering is an art and takes a lot of skill to mix and match everything so that your outfit has a harmony and it is pleasant to the eye. Plus, fall is common  for the unpredicted weather so you end up getting cold in the morning and night and boiling hot at midday. Layering helps you control your body temperature and if you get hot you take some layers out and you are good to go.
For me , layering is still a work in progress and no, I do not feel like a have mastered it. Some days my outfit will look good and will be “Insta goals” and the next day my outfit will look like something is missing and it will piss me the F off. It happens to all of us out there whether we admit it or not.
So, for today I have for you an outfit idea and a guide to help you a bit more on how to do the layering thing. As I said earlier, I am NOT an expert so I am only going to share the things that I know and that are working for me.
First you got to pick your colour scheme. For example, in this outfit, I chose to go with neutral and more earthy tones including my makeup. You then need to choose your base - the colour that will complement the rest of the outfit and that will match everything else. I chose the white top that gives a brighter look to the outfit overall. Now time to layer, use scarves and long cardigans if it is too hot( it was not hot that day and the scarf was already too much), wear a hat to keep you warm and protect you from the sun and don’t forget to take a nice but light coat with you to protect you from the rain that can come when you least expect it.
Don’t be scared to experiment and explore your style. Go out of your comfort zone and do whatever makes you happy. You Do You!
I hope you liked this post, there are definitely more to come regarding layering and fall outfits. As I may have said before, this is when I am at my most creative point and try out new things and looks. I tend to get very inspired during this season. If you decide to recreate this look send me pictures or tag me on Instagram as I would love to see them.





That is all for today, have an amazing Sunday, take care of yourself and do something nice for you today to fill up with self-love for the rest of the week! 

Thanks for being here!
See you soon!

Where else you can find me



Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An



Comments

  1. I too associate fall fashion with layering.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you about the practicality and fashionable look of layered outfits in Autumn.
    Your plaid scarf, white top and blue denim jeans all look very nice styled together, and I love the shade of lipstick you were wearing in the photos above.

    https://full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/2018/08/national-underwear-day-2018-panties-in.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts