... Summer Holiday Essentials ...




As you are reading this I am somewhere in the Canary Islands on a beach with cocktail in my hands getting a tan. I know most of you would like to do the same and to that my response is: Do it!
Summer only just started and there are a lot of deals out there for a nice summer break.

Those who know me, know how much I love packing. I mean, it includes organizing and making lists so, duh?! So here I am today to share with you my 5 summer holidays MUST HAVES.


1.    Sun protection

Do not go anywhere without your sunscreen. Do I sound like your mum? Good! She was yelling for a reason. Sun can give you a nice tan but that is not worth the wrinkles, spots, discoloration or skin cancer that comes with it. Always wear your sunscreen!

2.    Beach wear

Yes, I know that you probably will remember to take your swimming suit with you but if you like spending the whole day at the beach like me, chances are you are going to need something to cover up. If not for the night chilly breeze, for the mosquito army that comes in the evening.

3.    Sunglasses

Another no-brainer I know.  But, oh my God, the amount of times I forgot them and I ended up spending my holidays either half blind from the sun or with a very low budget cause I gave up and bought a new pair. And of course, you need good quality sunglasses with a filter on the lens to protect your eyes!

4.    Slip-ons

When I am going on holidays I like to divide my time chilling and experiencing the local culture and goods of the place that I am visiting, and the rest of my time I explore the place and go sightseeing. Now let me tell you this, no flat is comfortable after 4 hours of walking non-stop! Get your sneakers or a comfy pair of slip-ons to get you through the day. Don’t be that person that complains about their feet hurting. Pack smart!

5.    Maxi dress/skirt

Picture this- you are at the city having coffee after the beach and your friends say, “lets go get some drinks!” You have no time to go back to the hotel and change so inevitably you end up having drinks with a pair of ripped shorts and a casual T-shirt. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that! This is actually my favourite look for the summer and I think it is so versatile. But if you want to look a bit more dressed up make sure to pack a maxi dress. You can wear it on top of your bathing suit (when dry) and it is a day to night piece that will don let you down.

That was all from me for today. I hope whatever you do you have a nice one and happy summer to all. See you next week with fresh holiday content.



Thanks for being here!
See you soon!

Where else you can find me


Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An




Comments

Popular Posts