... Spring-Clean Checklist ...



I’ve been living on my own for 8 years now and that means I have been responsible of keeping my house together, clean and in one piece most of the time. Cleaning is a daunting task and it is one of these things that we all keep postponing for “tomorrow”. Since it is spring clean season I thought I share with you some of the things that give me the urge to start cleaning my house and all the things that make the process kind of enjoyable.



1-    Put on some tunes!

Whether it’s a speaker or your headphones put on your favorite tunes and don a dance party every now and then. It makes a difference.

2-    Make yourself a cup of joe!

Coffee is your friend and will keep you energized for the day, If you are not a coffee person like me it’s ok you can make your favorite drink and enjoy that instead.

3-    Tackle each room at a time!

Try to stick in each room separately. Its difficult sometimes because when you are in the zone you just want to clean everything. But to make your experience more pleasant you need to prepare and plan each room and stick to the plan. It will consume less time and effort and you will be done before you know it.


4-    When you finish each room, decorate!

Now is the perfect time to decorate. All your things are clean and you are already moving stuff around. Play with what you already have. You don’t have to spent a fortune to give your space a new vibe.

5-    Brake!

Remember brakes are important. Take a break for food and water. Put a timer on your phone every hour to take a sip of water. That is what I am worst at. I forget to drink water and can go a full day without it whenever I am cleaning. Since I started putting the alarms on my phone I stayed hydrated and by the time I finished my spring cleaning I has headache free and I wasn’t grumpy / hungry.

6-    Don’t get emotional!

It is so easy to fall in the trap. Spring cleaning means that you will have to get rid of some junk or some of the things that are no longer of use to you. All of us have the drawer of junk and sentimental crap like receipts or tickets from that concert etc. and unless you have a bullet journal that you can put them in or a special place that they should go, you really should throw them away. I feel that spring cleaning should be done when we have the mentality of “ f@ck this sh!t, I don’t need that, I don’t need anything, I will live like a nomad.”
I’ve done some very efficient spring cleanings with that mind set.
That was it for today. Whatever you do make sure you do it safe organized and have fun in the process!
Happy cleaning!


Thanks for being here!
See you soon!

Where else you can find me


Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An

Comments

Popular Posts