... Chocolate Heaven ...


There is something very therapeutic in baking. Whenever I find myself stressed or stuck I always bake and/or write. I don’t know what it is, the smell of a freshly baked cake, the process of making something on your own form scratch, but it calms my wild soul. Whenever I am baking cakes it always reminds me of home, when my mum used to make us cake to have as a snack for school, and it fills me with a sweet nostalgia.
I have been trying to go meat free for a few months now for various reasons and whenever I can I do try to cook vegan as well.  As for baking I personally think that it makes everything healthier a bit and I don’t feel that guilty eating 4 pieces of cake afterwards (yes, it happens, you’ve done it too)
So, the other day I was feeling a bit puckish and I knew I wanted something with chocolate, so I used my best friend in cooking – google.
I found a recipe for a vegan chocolate cake and it looked very simple and quick, so I gave it a try. And Oh My God, I kid you not, this cake was the best cake I have made, ever! First of all, it was so soft and chocolaty inside and a bit crispier on the outside, it stayed like this for 4 days, plus it smelled so strongly of chocolate that my house smelled gorgeous for 4 days! I mean I have tasted a lot of chocolate cakes in my life, but half of the time cakes go dry after a day or they are very moist inside and it just doesn’t feel and taste as I would like a cake to. But this cake is seriously game changing! I will have the full recipe bellow if you wanted to give it a go and I will include the link that I found the recipe. If you decide to recreate this incredible cake sent from heaven, please tag me on Instagram of on Twitter so I can see what you created.

Happy baking!



You will need
For the cake:
130 g sunflower oil
370 g water
350 g granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
grated zest from 1 orange
450 g self-rising flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
For glaze
80 g cocoa powder
220 g icing sugar
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
120 g orange juice
Method
·      Preheat oven to 180* C (350* F) Fan.
·      In a large bowl, whisk together the sunflower oil, water and sugar.
·      Add the vinegar, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, orange zest, flour and baking soda. Whisk until all of the ingredients are completely combined.
·      Lightly brush a 28 cm round cake pan with a hole in the middle with sunflower oil and dust with some cocoa powder.
·      Transfer mixture to prepared cake pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Insert a knife into the center of the cake and if it comes out clean and dry it is ready.
·      In a bowl, whisk all of the ingredients for the glaze.
·      When the cake is ready, remove from oven and set it aside for 5 minutes.
·      Turn cake out on a wire rack, allow it to cool, cover with glaze and serve.
Recipe by Akis Petretzikis : Here




Thanks for being here!
See you soon!

Where else you can find me


Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An

Comments

Popular Posts