... Outfit Of The Week #17 ...



Dungarees, you either love them or you hate them. Their history goes all the way back in 1890 when Levi’s Strauss & co. brought to life a collection of overalls or dungarees with the advert logo “never rip, never tear”. Symbol of hard work and labor, mostly worn by men.
It was not until the 60s when women started wearing male garments and overalls became a sign of protest and feminism. Later in the 70s it was every badass girl’s choice of clothing and overalls were widely worn ever since.
Through the years it lost its purpose and original cause. It was a garment worn for protection. Made from hard cotton yarn often worn on top of clothes to save them from being dirty or being destroyed from wear and tear.

Now it can be found in every shape, cut and color and it is worn by everyone. It can be a day or night time wear and the material may not always be jeans. 




Personally, I love overalls. I find them comfortable and really easy to dress. I am all up for the whole tomboy girl style and dressing like so, takes me back a few years when I was at school.
I usually choose this outfit when I feel like I don’t want to be bothered with a lot of styling and I just want to be comfortable. It is a clothing item that I opt for whenever I do any sort of hard work around the house but also whenever I want to have a chilled day with friends, aka go for a walk in the city or go to the movies and stuff like that.
For today’s outfit I chose I blue pair of dungarees and underneath it I wore a green lace top with long sleeves. I paired the outfit with my heeled booties for a more feminine look and I put a belt to define my waistline a little as this particular set of overalls are a bit looser and it can look a tad unflattering at times.
And that was it for today, I really hope you enjoyed this post and as always if you do recreate any of the outfits don’t forget to tag me on Instagram of twitter! 




See you soon!
Thanks for being here!

Index
Overalls – FatFace
Top – H&M
Booties – New Look

Where else you can find me

Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An

Comments

Popular Posts