... Winter Go - To Makeup Look ...


Ever since I can remember myself, I have always been interested in makeup and fashion. Yes, I was one of the classic little girls snooping around my mums’ makeup bag and closet- FYI I still to this day share closets with my mum and I love it!

The reason I love makeup is because of its endless potential. It can change the way you look or enhance the features of your face, it can lift your mood up or make you really mad if you fail at it, it can change somebody’s life.
Do I think it’s necessary for everyone? Definitely not.
Do I think it’s fun anyway, gives you the option to experiment, go crazy and change your look while still being able to go back to your natural look at night? Hell, yeah and that’s why I love it!
This post is all about that. This is a step by step guide on how to achieve this makeup look. It has been my favorite for the month of January and February because it adds a bit of color to every outfit and makes me start the day a little happier.
Plus, it’s so gloomy this time of the year and I think all of us kind of fall in a rut, so it’s good to try and lift our spirits up a bit and get unstuck.
If you want to know how I did this look keep reading!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first step to a good base for you to start building your look is a healthy and moisturized face. Make sure you start with a clean face and put on your moisturizer 5-10 min before you put on your foundation.
Next is the base. Choose a foundation that suits your skin consistency and pigmentation. My face gets really dry this time of year, so I try to go for a more “wet” look to make my skin look healthier. I put the foundation from the middle part towards the outer part of my face, that way I have the best results without putting a lot of product on my face and making the look heavy.




Continue with concealer half to one tone lighter that your foundation and put it under your eye area in a “V” shape. Blend in and finish the base with a little powder to mattify and secure the base.




 Now you need to start giving some dimension to your face and that were bronzing powder comes in. With a brush place a small amount of bronzing powder to the areas that are naturally shadowed aka right under your cheekbones, on your temples and under the jaw.



Blend that in very well and make sure that there are no distinctive lines. Proceed with blush to give some of that healthy winter glow to your cheeks.



Next for me is brows. If your brows are quite defined and you are happy with the way they look skip this part, but my ones are in serious need of help and I have to fill them in every time I do my makeup or else I look like I have no brows. Charming, I know!




Next on the list is eyeshadows. Place the first color in the lid right until the browbone. With the second color, take a small angled brush and place the colour in the outer corner of the eye and give your eye a cat look by making a corner, from the end of the outer part of your eye, going up and to the middle part of the lid.
For the lighter color, with a small brush you put it in the inner corner of your eye and on the browbone. 
Take the first color again with a blending brush and blend the eyeshadows together.








If you want a more intense look add some eyeliner and finish with curling the lashes and adding mascara.




For the lips I opted for a natural pinky color. I didn’t go for a matte option because I think the glossy version looks a bit healthier and suits the look more for this time of the year.


And there you have it! This is the final makeup look!
I really hope you liked it and as always if you do decide to re-create the look tag me on Instagram or twitter I would love to see what you have done!




Thank you for being here!
See you next week!



Products Used
L’oreal True Match Foundation
Real Techniques Stippling Brush
Korres Concealer Pomegranate
L’oreal Infallible Powder
Real Techniques Powder Brush
Max Factor Bronzing Powder
Bobbi Brown Angled Face Brush
Collection Gorgeous Glow Blush
Mac Eyeshadow – Mystery
Lottie Angled Brush
Soap and Glory Archery Brow Gel
Naked 2 Palette – Urban Decay
Bobbi Brown Angled Eyeshadow Brush
Essence Eyeliner
Benefit They’re Real Mascara
Seventeen All Day Lip Colour


Where else you can find me
Twitter – KateAn @KateAn_KateAn
Facebook – KateAn @Kate.An.Kate.An
Instagram – KateAn @An_Kate_An

Comments

Popular Posts