..How To Deal With Sun Burned Skin..










 If you follow me on my social media you will probably know by now that on Sunday i went for a day trip with my boyfriend and went to the beach.. I  had a really lovely time except of the fact that i got extremely sunburned and went i went home my face was aching and i looked like a lobster faced humanoid... well things like that happen usually when we go for the first swim in the sea for summer or we forget to put on sunscreen because we woke up late and nearly missed the boat departure time (yes that is me)

Even as i am writing this post my back and my face are really itchy and i think i have to reapply some after sun cream to my body..

To deal with the aching and the redness of my face i went to a drugstore and loaded my basket with moisturisers and creams and face masks, all of which are essential if you don't want to peel of and be all icky.


First thing first, you have to deal with the fact that you will not be wearing any makeup for about a week because not only will it  look horrible (look at picture No1) but you won't be able to stand putting anything on your face. So keep your face nice and clean. Choose a gentle cleanser or makeup wipes and be nice on your skin. Don't rub it and don't try to peel of the bits that are coming of because you will only make it worse and you make yourself an easy target for infections.

Once you have your face all cleaned up it is the time to use a face mask. My choice of mask whenever i am dehydrated is a sheet mask with Aloe Vera and i try to make sure that i am picking the more natural one. Usually you're supposed to leave the mask for 20 minutes but i like to leave it on my face for about an hour, or until the mask has dried up completely. The results are instant and you will immediately feel the heat coming off your face.The soothing Aloe Vera is working it's way through your hurt skin and refresh it.

After that it is time for the moisturiser. You don't want to use your regular moisturiser because it will probably won't do the job. You should opt for something havier something for very dry skin because your face needs all the moisture it can get and you should help it by applying a really thick moisturiser. Don't go gentle with it! Put a lot of product before sleep and your face will thank you in the morning.

Another trick to relieve your skin from the burning sensation is greek yogurt or raw potatoes. Apply on the area that is burned and leave for 30 minutes to an hour.

*For serious sun burns you should advise a doctor.

I hope you found this post helpful, also i would like to know your ways of dealing with sunburned skin.Let me know in the comments.
Don't forget to check my youtube chanel. it's Sunday which means there is a new video for you.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRkRBfSd3OL7dxyGkgNEB8A


See you soon
bye bye, Kate

Comments

Popular Posts